12pm Anita Moorjani was born in Singapore of Indian parents, moved to Hong Kong at the age of two, and has lived in Hong Kong most of her life. Because of her background and British education, she is multi lingual and, from the age of two, grew up speaking English, Cantonese and an Indian dialect simultaneously. She had been working in the corporate field for several years before being diagnosed with cancer in April of 2002. Her fascinating and moving near-death experience in early 2006 has tremendously changed her perspective on life. Her life is now ingrained with the depths and insights she gained while in the other realm.
As a result of her near death experience, Anita is often invited to speak at conferences and events to share her insights. She is also a frequent speaker at universities, particularly for their department of behavioral sciences, speaking on topics such as: dealing with terminal illness; facing death; psychology of spiritual beliefs; etc. She is the embodiment of the truth that we all have the inner power and wisdom to overcome even life's most adverse situations, as she is the living proof of this possibility.
Anita currently lives in Hong Kong with her husband, and when she's not traveling and speaking at conferences, she works as an intercultural consultant for multi-national corporations that are based in Hong Kong.
Some topics Anita may discuss include:
- How to eliminate fear from a medical diagnosis and from our language.
- What medical providers need to know about cancer and healing.
- Why we have nothing to fear of death and what lies beyond.
- How worry consumed her life and how her experience changed that.
- Her experience with cancer, why the treatments didn’t work, what she would have done differently, and what she wants patients to know.